It has been a long time since I wrote, just for the sake of writing. The past little while writing has become work and stressful, and every so often, this writer just needs to do something she loves. I was sitting here in my apartment, staring out at the overcast just thinking this morning, Mazie, are you doing what you love? Are you happy? What can you do to make things even better? Yes I have so much to be happy about. My lovely boyfriend, my amazing family and friends and the success in my programs thus far, but it feels like I’m missing the little things. There is so much more in this world that I have been pushing aside to make more time for the big things. But I am not going to do that anymore. I will no longer sacrifice the little moments, and instead, I will do so much more in 2015, that I missed out on in 2014! Here is a super simple list of things you can do to better your life in 2015, if I miss anything, I encourage you to include it in the comments below!
How to be Happier in 2015:
1. Journal and Reflect, Write your Gratitude
2. Stretch more, whether it is yoga, or just stretching, do it every morning and every night.
3. Little adventures. Go for more walks.
4. Don’t procrastinate, plan and conquer!
5. Read more books, be inspired often.
6. Find a non career related hobby.
7. Buy more flowers, often.
8. Take more naps!
9. Write more letters, and less emails.
10. Spend less time connected, minimize your online time.
11. Fast every so often, to practice your control, and to remind yourself that you are lucky.
12. Less coffee, more water and tea!
13. Make your house, or space a home.
14. Reconnect with your past briefly enough to appreciate the present.
15. Call your friends and family, just for the sake of talking!